Saturday, November 14, 2009

Moving on

Almost a year has gone by since my last posting. In that time, I finished writing another novel, Project Purple, completed many short stories, and just finished the first draft of a book-to-be-named-later. I've also come to a decision about publishing: I'm not! The entire business of publishing, from researching agents and publishers, to being a one person marketing team--whether traditionally or self-published--isn't my cup of tea. Besides that, it devours time that could be spent writing.
Do I want my writing to be read? Of course! So I'm working on polishing Project Purple, putting my stories and poems into collections, and learning how to design a web page, on which all of my writing will be described. Anyone interested in reading a novel, story collection, etc. will be able to send me an e-mail pledging to make a donation of any amount to any charity they want, and I'll reply with an attachment of whatever literature they request. It will save time, paper, help charities, and hopefully get my material read. What more could a writer want? I'll let you know when the new website is up and running!

No comments: