Friday, March 21, 2008

A Review Worth Reading

Finally! Validation! Someone other than my friends has read Perchance to Feast! Someone has not only read it, but taken the time to review it. So, a huge thank you to Devon Kappa, whoever, wherever you are. Of course, it helps that the review was well written, insightful, interesting, and POSITIVE! I am so touched to know that someone out there cares enough to seek out and review POD books. I urge everyone reading this (is anyone besides Devon?) to check out nonemaysay.blogspot.com. I predict that you'll be glad you did. It's a treasure-trove of a site.

On the negative side, things seem to be grinding to a standstill. As I've said, libraries aren't being supportive, although local bookstores are. But let's face it, how many people go to independent bookstores these days? One of the stores carrying my book is famous locally for having just about any old, or out of print book anyone could want. Viewing the merchandise, new books seem to make up a fraction of this wonderful store's business. The other store is located in an antiques mall, and seems to sell a little of everything. It's a newcomer, and I wish the owners luck. Anyone willing to include new books in their stock is praiseworthy, and I'm grateful to both stores.

Not much more to say now. Gotta get going and work on draft 3 of my next novel!

No comments: